Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy August

Oh where did July go? It seems like it was only yesterday it was July, oh wait it was :) July was full of activities and fun. That's probably why it went so fast! Here are some of my July activities:


A Capitol Fourth:
My friends and I decided that since we were so near the Nation's Capitol we should take the chance to go to DC for the 4th of July. I have never seen so many people in my life. It was fun...for the most part. At one point while we were in line to go into the concert, they had to evacuate the Capitol area and the Mall because of huge storm coming in. They sent us to the Legislative underground parking lot. Honestly it was hot and stuffy and miserable. But we survived and were allowed out after about an hour. I will confess. I think that Kaysville has done better firework shows then the one we had this year in DC. I heard that it wasn't quite up to par. I look forward to next year...we'll just plan a little different.

waiting for the fireworks and Concert to start



South Carolina or Bust! (July 20-23)
Who wouldn't want to drive 14 hours ( or 17 because of traffic and accidents) for 21 hours in Myrtle Beach South Carolina? My roommate Catherine had a the weekend off, so we got a cheap hotel reservation and we took off for South Carolina. It was awesome! I had the greatest time. The beach was beautiful and for all you West Coasters to know...the Atlantic is warmer and saltier (is that a word? More salty? you know what I mean.) I personally didn't know that until we went body surfing at Myrtle Beach.
The Tallest Sand Castle in the World







Shark....Me under the shark
















oh my what big teeth you have...










But you've got nothing on this guy.
You may or may not know that it's Shark Week on the Discovery channel. Also you may or may not know that I like sharks. I think they are some of the coolest animals. My trip to South Carolina and walking under the sharks at the Ripley's Aquarium as well the shark week shows have inspired me....I've decided that I want to learn how to scuba dive. I want to go in a steel cage and see the sharks up close and personal in their own habitat...I'm not crazy I promise.


"Take me out to the Ball Game" (July 16)

For ward FHE we all went to a Washington Nationals game. My second one since being here. And they won...like I've said before, I'm a good luck charm.



Luau:

The No. VA Institute had a Luau on July 29th. Me, my roommate Catherine and my friend Melanie all went together. What a blast! I love luaus. I danced in two of them while at BYU. Aren't we cute?

No comments: