Sunday, September 2, 2007

Relief Society 1st Councilor

This morning around 11 am, my phone rings. I don't recognize the number so I answer with a hint of unsurety in my voice. It's the bishop asking if I could come to church early, around 12:30-12:40 so he could talk with me. I had to pick some one up on my way there, so I gave her a call and arranged to meet her earlier than planned.
That done, eventually got ready, and was out the door by 12, and got to the church by about 12:30. I went to the bishop's office and waited a moment, then sat down with him. We chatted for a short time, then he informed me that the relief society was being reorganized, and that the new president suggested me for the first councilor. I accepted.
During sacrament, we were recognized by the ward, and after church we were set apart.

It's amazing what can happen in a few hours.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

You will do a great job! that's exciting! just do your best to ease the burden of the president, ask if there is anything you can do... and do it. also it's good to call your teachers during the week and make sure they know they are teaching on Sunday and ask if there is anything you can do to help. you will do wonderful.

Natalie said...

Congrats on your new calling...relief society is tough, just keep praying and pray to love the sisters....good luck!